The Plastics Innovation Hub Indonesia is proud to present: The Incubation Showcase!
Join us online to witness 11 incredible teams who have completed the Incubation Program. The showcase will give you access to see how these change-makers are solving some of the world’s most complex problems in reducing plastic waste from our environment. You’ll also have a chance to provide the presenting teams feedback to help them achieve their next stage of growth.
In addition to the 11 presentations, there will be some guest speakers from the Hub’s partners.
We look forward to seeing you!
Date: Thursday 11 August, 2022
Time: 10:00 – 11:30 (WIB) | 13:00 – 14:30 (AEST)
Showcase was held on 11 Aug 2022.
What is this?
The Incubation program helps teams ensure they are developing a balanced approach to designing and testing solutions to the Hub Indonesia’s identified challenge statement. Often teams focus exclusively on the technical viability aspects of a project or solution. The Incubation program will add the user’s desirable focus by helping teams continue to refine and validate their understanding of the problem they are trying to solve (or the opportunity they are trying to leverage).
Selected teams will be paired with a coach who will formally assist the team to achieve the outcomes set for the Incubation period. In addition to the coach, teams will be informally paired with Mentors who have specific expertise in legal, IP, risk management, impact assessment, and many others.
Who is this for?
The program is designed to support startups, research teams, SMEs, and other stakeholders with well-developed ideas, projects, or solutions to address the challenge statements identified by the Hub Indonesia.
Prospective applicants should consider the following before applying:
- Suitability: Your team’s project/solution addresses 1 or many of the Hub Indonesia’s Challenge Statements.
- Technology/Project readiness Level (TRL): TRL 2 – Concept and/or application formulated – insights into how your solution could be applied in the market.
- Investment Readiness Level (IRL): IRL 2 – A rough business model laid out, and initial research to understand what the market landscape looks like and who your potential competitors are.
- Commitment pledge: Availability to commit 2.5 days per week for 11 weeks, to be spent on developing your project through a series of workshops, coaching and personal project building time.
This is a free 10-week program. Places are limited and are awarded to selected teams based on the strength of their application.
High-level Program Structure
The program focuses on the users’/customers’ perspectives and centres on resolving the problem – user/customer fit. This focus will help build the teams’ confidence in developing solutions that meet the users’/ customers’ requirements.
At the end of the program, teams will present their projects in a showcase to a panel for feedback and guidance. They will also submit a more detailed project plan that includes their intended path to impact to potentially access funding from CSIRO and the Indonesian Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology.
- Vision definition
- Goal setting
- Introduction to lean startup and agile methodologies
- Ecosystem mapping
- Conducting discovery interviews
- Developing value proposition canvases
- Insights Generation
- Business Model Canvas
- Prototyping and Minimal Viable Product
Communicating with impact
- Pitching and storytelling
- Pitch deck preparation
- Delivering 3 minute pitch to panel.