Scale your solution to shape the future of plastics innovation!
Unsure if this program is right for you? Check our Office Hours and come to one of our Q&A sessions
What is IPPIN’s Incubator program?
The IIPPIN Incubator program is delivered by CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency and supported by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and in-country government partners in Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The IPPIN Incubator is an intensive six-week online program focused on refining the product-market fit of plastic waste solutions through a user-problem approach. Selected participants will attend a series of capacity building sessions, complemented by weekly coaching.
The program offers the opportunity to connect with entrepreneurs across the Indo-Pacific region, fostering cross-cultural networking and collaborations.
IPPIN Incubator concludes with an online Showcase, with participants pitching their solutions to a panel of judges for feedback and guidance. Participants will have a chance to progress into the IPPIN Accelerator program to unlock grants and fast track their solutions.
Who should apply?
- The Incubator is designed to support idea-stage start-ups, research teams, Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs), and other stakeholders looking to refine their ideas, projects, or solutions to address one or more of the program challenge statements (see below).
- Participants can come from anywhere in the world so long as they have an idea that can help reimagine plastic waste in the Indo-Pacific.
- Multi-lateral teams are encouraged!
- Applicants need to choose the most suitable market/context (Indonesia, Thailand, or Vietnam) for where their idea best fits.
The program challenge statements are:
- sustainable alternatives which outperform existing plastics.
- improving plastics innovation and capturing value beyond first use, to develop lasting circular solutions.
- empower decision-making through reliable and accessible information.
What can you expect?
The Incubator is a free and competitive program. Places are limited and are awarded to teams based on the strength of their applications.
The program will require invited participants to commit six hours per week for six weeks, to attend weekly workshops, coaching sessions, and the Showcase finale. Participants are highly encouraged to spend additional time to develop their ideas beyond the formal sessions to prove their maturity at the Showcase to advance into the Accelerator program.
The program is run in English however, full interpretation services are offered to participants in Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Program runs from 11 July to 11 August 2023Open allClose all
- Day 1: Welcome, Program Overview, Expectations
- Day 2: Design Thinking (Empathy, Interviews)
- Day 3: Design Thinking (Customer Journey, Synthesizing)
Ecosystem Mapping, Lean Canvas + Coaching
Value Proposition Canvas + Coaching
Pitching + Coaching
Showcase Prep Week + Coaching
Showcase - 15 to 17 August 2023 (To be confirmed)
Application is now closed
Why join us?
Here a just a few reasons why innovators across the globe are joining us:
- Transform your idea into reality: Receive industry guidance, valuable resources and constructive feedback to turn your innovative idea or research into a tangible, market-ready solution.
- Enhance your entrepreneurial toolkit: Benefit from weekly learning and coaching to acquire skills and knowledge to maximise your solution’s potential.
- Master your pitch: Hone your pitching skills to communicate the impact and potential of your idea to industry leaders.
- Expand your international networks: By joining the Incubator program, you become part of a vibrant community of like-minded individuals who share the same passion for plastic circularity and can bring fresh insights to your work.
- Advance into the Accelerator program: Receive the opportunity to fast track your idea into the Accelerator program to turn your idea or research into a market-ready, scalable solution.
- Foster new partnerships Previous, selected teams have gone on to collaborate with CSIRO networks, meet international partners, and tap into our industry and investment opportunities.
Have Questions? Join one of the Q&A sessions during our Office Hours
If you want to understand if this program is the right fit for you, please check our office hours and join one of the Q&A session which will be run in English, Thai, Vietnamese or Indonesian.
Please see the dates and times below and click to register for your preferred office hours.
- 7 June 2023, 10am – 11am (GMT+7)
- 14 June 2023, 10am – 11am (GMT+7)
- 8 June 2023, 10.30am – 11.30am (GMT+7)
- 15 June 2023, 10.30am – 11.30am (GMT+7)
- 9 June 2023, 11am – 12pm (GMT+7)
- 16 June 2023, 11am – 12pm (GMT+7)
More about the program
The Incubator Program is delivered through our Indo-Pacific Plastics Innovation Network. The program is part of CSIRO’s Ending Plastic Waste Mission, which has a goal of an 80 per cent in plastic waste entering the Australian Environment by 2030.