The Vietnam Hub is part of the Mekong Plastics Innovation Alliance
An estimated 3.1 million tons of plastic waste is dumped on land in Vietnam each year, and at least 10% of this ends up in the ocean.
According to the National Plastics Action Partnership Program in Vietnam, the amount of plastic leaking into rivers and seas could double by 2030 if current waste collection, recycling and treatment processes are not implemented.
The Plastic Innovation Hub Vietnam is committed to changing these statistics to create a cleanier, more prosperous future for all.
How the Hub works
The Plastic Innovation Hub Vietnam works in partnership with:
- The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency
- Vietnam’s Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
- Vietnam Administration of Seas and Islands (VASI)
- Vietnam’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- The National Plastics Action Partnership (NPAP).
The Hub addresses a key gap in the innovation ecosystem by focusing on design and delivery of deep-tech solutions in emerging or under-resourced domains.
The Hub works in partnership with a diverse range of stakeholders in areas ranging from technology, behaviour change, business model innovation, regulation, policy, and social license.
Engage with us
To join the Plastics Innovation Hub Vietnam as an innovator please refer to our program information.
If you would like to partner with us or have a plastics challenge that needs solving, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org